Courts Mais Trash, your favorite festival of independent short films in Brussels embarks on its first ever XXL edition. Due to the dizzying success of previous years the festival will be expanded by an additional date, two AFTER TRASH PARTIES and a third prize!
In the last 13 years Courts Mais Trash has been instrumental in bringing self produced, home made, raw and low-budget, budding cinematic art to the big screen in the best possible conditions. Creating a unique setting that has allowed deliriously deviant short films to find its audience. Forget about a grand jury or a VIP lounge, Courts Mais Trash is a strictly non red carpet event. Movie goers will take part in a unique event that takes place in a setting that is big on interaction both during the screenings and at the after-drinks that typically take places at the Riches-Claires.
Thematic projections will take place over the course of the 5 day duration of the festival. A quick recap of the 10 essential moments of this year’s edition:
- The opening and the new “Born 2 Be Cheap” prize, which will be awarded to film that excels in cheapness.
- The national and international competitions (next to hundreds of submitted shorts) selected from various screenings at the Festival Très Court (Paris), Fantasia (Montreal), L’Alternativa (Bercelona), Cinemabrut (Paris), etc… .
- The new selection “Courts mais Super WTF?”, consists of the most creative, of the hook and absurd short films. (NCA)*
- The “Courts Mais Super Sex” will reprise some exciting films that were harvested especially at the Porn Film Festival of Berlin. Read: EXPLICIT. (NCA)
- “The come Back”, a screening dedicated to festival regulars (i.e. film makers) who will present their latest work.
- The loathsome “Courts Mais Super TRASH” screening, with a complimentary vomit bag. (NCA)*
- The Hyperconcert of the Hyperartistes venus of Hypersuisse
- A screening dedicated to the proclamation and the results with a projection of the winning titles.
- 2 OFF screenings (FREE) to discover out of competition films.
- Closing act “PIELES/SKINS” the much awaited Spanish Long Mais Trash feature by Eduardo Casanova, the darling of the Berlinale who came out on top last year with “Eat my Shit“.
(NCA) No Children Allowed (except members of the Royal Family)